Let’s Grow Kids (LGK) works to ensure that high-quality child care programs thrive and that more families can access them. Our team of experienced early childhood education leaders provides a variety of services to child care programs, early educators and other community stakeholders, offering expert advice, customized technical assistance, Vermont-specific resources and grants.
LGK works with child care programs and community partners throughout Vermont to create new opportunities for child care leaders to share best practices in early education as well as program administration such as purchasing, bookkeeping, billing and waitlist management.
Shared Services can help you work smarter, not harder through:
- Technology solutions at SharedServicesVT.org.
- For example, Smartcare is a business management technology designed to allow early educators to spend less time with computers and more time with children. Smartcare enables directors to receive payments and manage attendance, billing, employees, medical records, child/family data, real-time ratios and more directly from the web or an app. For more information, please contact Lorraine Vernet.
- Regional networks with an administrative hub that enable programs to share services, staff, tools, information and resources.
- Family-centered communities that connect children in your care with a wide range of community services and supports.
Together, Vermont child care programs can become stronger, more financially sound, efficient, sustainable and better able to deliver high-quality child care services. To learn more, please contact LouAnn Beninati.
MAKE WAY FOR KIDS
Our goal is to create at least 500 high-quality child care spaces in Vermont annually. To achieve this, our work is tailored to the local needs of communities through two strategies:
- Program expansion and start-up assistance. To increase the availability of high-quality early care and learning programs we offer short-term financial and technical assistance that supports local expansion, quality improvement or program start-up.
- Workforce development. To ensure the early care and learning field can attract, train and retain skilled educators, we provide technical assistance to early educators working to increase their skills and qualifications, collaborate with partners to offer professional development opportunities and provide resources to support the development of strong professional networks.
EARLY CHILDHOOD JOBS VT
Early Childhood Jobs VT is Vermont’s free job board for early educators. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs on earlychildhoodjobsvt.com at no charge. Regulated employers can advertise jobs at no charge. Click here to view current early educator job openings. To learn more about posting a job, visit SharedServicesVT.org.
LGK is proud to sponsor local networks of early educator leaders across 12 regions in Vermont who utilize professional development opportunities and peer support to encourage, learn and grow together. Vermont Early Childhood Networks meet regularly to provide a comfortable and engaging way for early educators to connect with each other, identify opportunities and challenges, propose solutions and celebrate achievements.
Please contact Lorraine Vernet for more information. Click here for a complete list of Vermont Early Childhood Network District Leaders.
LGK EARLY EDUCATORS FACEBOOK GROUP
LGK’s Early Educator Facebook group is an online community for Vermont child care professionals to share and receive important early education resources and news.
In addition to our work to bolster the early educator workforce in Vermont, we are providing scaffolding for Vermont’s child care system, shoring up critically underfunded elements of the system to ensure that it is sustainable far beyond 2025.
By 2025, we will ensure that our nonprofit partners are strong and in position to carry on critical roles including policy advocate, early childhood systems coordinator and planner, early childhood educator professional organization, higher education and professional development steward, and child care business resource advisor. These key partners include: